Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BABY SHOWER !! !!

My baby shower was on August 31st.  It was a great turnout!! I felt great being around the people I love. I danced, mingled and felt beautiful! It was my day - oh yes and of course Justin and Chris' :)  I was a trooper because I didn't even take off my silver peep toe pumps.  Mama was working it, or at least I felt I was!  I never really had a sweet 16 so this felt like my moment.

At the time that we opened presents (which I contemplated on doing because I don't like the "all eyes on me" feeling) we sat down and Chris had the mic.  By the way as soon as we walked in, everyone was giving Chris shots of Hennessy and of course he took all of them, and so it's safe to say that he was pretty "happy".  MIL handed us the presents, we opened them and he spoke.  He read the cards out loud and made everyone laugh with his comments.  At the end, of the gift opening portion I wanted to thank everyone for coming, especially because we had the microphone.  I took the microphone from Chris and began saying "I just want to thank everyone for coming, I really appreciate it...and I choked.  I got so emotional and started crying.  Chris had to finish off for me.  It was so funny.  I'm glad we have video footage of it =]

1 comment:

  1. It was actually on July 31st...read your invitation!! lol love you <3

    ReplyDelete